Re: Dual init scripts (or two init scripts in one package)

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 07:35:02PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> writes:
>
> > Greetings.  I am curious as to how the scenario described in the below
> > message would work in Debian.  That is, can one package install two init
> > scripts?
>
> Sure.  A package can install as many init scripts as it wants and needs.

So, currently the shorewall package ships debian/shorewall.init, which
is accompanied by the following debian/rules entry:

dh_installinit --no-start -u"start 40 S . stop 89 0 6 ."

If I read the dh_installinit manpage correctly, then I can ship:

debian/shorewall.shorewall-prenet.init
debian/shorewall.shorewall-postnet.init

Then in debian/rules I would have:

dh_installinit --no-start --name=shorewall-prenet -u"start 35 S . stop 89 0 6 ."
dh_installinit --no-start --name=shorewall-postnet -u"start 40 S . stop 89 0 6 ."

The idea is to have one init script that runs before S40networking and
another that runs after.  Does this seem right?

I will still have to figure out the right start and stop values, but I
just want to make sure I generally have the mechanics right.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez