Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:28:47 -0700
Subject: Dual init scripts
From: Tom Eastep <teastep@shorewall.net>
To: "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com>

Hi Roberto,

The Gentoo folks have an issue with the way that Shorewall is normally
started; namely, we supply init scripts that start the firewall after
networking has started. This is an issue in that there is a window after
networking starts but before Shorewall starts when the firewall is wide
open.

SuSEFirewall manages this issue by having multiple init scripts; one
that runs prior to networking startup and one that runs after. That is
what I'm planning to do with Shorewall in 4.4.10. So the question is,
can a single 'shorewall' package (for example), provide both scripts or
do I need four additional packages, the only purpose of which would be
to provide 4 additional init scripts.

Thanks,
-Tom
--
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Roberto C. Sánchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto