Re: Dual init scripts (or two init scripts in one package)

Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> writes:

> So, currently the shorewall package ships debian/shorewall.init, which
> is accompanied by the following debian/rules entry:

> dh_installinit --no-start -u"start 40 S . stop 89 0 6 ."

> If I read the dh_installinit manpage correctly, then I can ship:

> debian/shorewall.shorewall-prenet.init
> debian/shorewall.shorewall-postnet.init

> Then in debian/rules I would have:

> dh_installinit --no-start --name=shorewall-prenet -u"start 35 S . stop 89 0 6 ."
> dh_installinit --no-start --name=shorewall-postnet -u"start 40 S . stop 89 0 6 ."

> The idea is to have one init script that runs before S40networking and
> another that runs after.  Does this seem right?

Yup, that looks right to me, although of course these days the LSB headers
in the scripts are more important (thankfully) than the defaults given to
dh_installinit.

I think that -- is now preferred over -u for passing extra parameters
along through the debhelper script, although of course both work.