Re: Richard A Nelson (Rick) <cowboy@debian.org> MIA

[ adding MIA to Cc, for further inquiries, and the maintainer himself ]

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 06:33:05PM +0200, Harald Jenny wrote:
> I'm sorry for disturbing all of you but I'm currently facing the problem that
> the maintainer of the Debian sendmail package, Richard A Nelson, seems to be
> lost. He does not react to bug reports nor mails concerning the libmilter
> package which is used by some other software. Please if anybody is in contact
> with him try to convince him that an update of this package is really needed.
> If there is no response from him I must contact the release team and ask if
> they would be willing to accept an NMU as the bug in libmilter bites a lot of
> other software.

Dear Harald, you don't need to wait for any specific authorization to
prepare an NMU. You can do that right ahead by following the guidelines
detailed in the Developer's Reference at
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu . In
particular, the guidelines will tell you the appropriate DELAYED/XX
queues to use depending on bug severity and age your NMU will fix.

Of course, if you're not a Debian Developer, you'll then need someone to
sponsor your upload.

Once the upload is done, you can then get in touch with the release team
to check whether they'd be willing to unblock the package and have it
into Squeeze, as we're currently in freeze (and as apparently no
sendmail bug is currently marked as RC).

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams