Re: More advanced home directory creation in Debian?

On su, 2010-08-22 at 13:37 +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> I second this, as I feel the need to have some hook to create the home
> "directory".

Out of curiosity, since this does not affect me directly: is there a
need to update existing home directories? For example, if one adds new
files to /etc/skel, those only affect new home directories created after
the fact, the existing ones won't have the file anyway. Is there ever a
need for adding the file to existing homes?

(My own preference would be to create all home directories as completely
empty, not even using /etc/skel, and fix all applications that need a
file to create one on demand.)