Re: More advanced home directory creation in Debian?

On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 15:42 +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like the idea... it would make home-dir creation here at the faculty
> a lot more easier.
>
> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:08 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > The location could for example be /etc/skel.d/
> I'd however suggest e.g. /etc/adduser.d or so... or at least not skel.d
> Conceptually the skel contents are copied to the homedir, which the
> skel.d contents are not.... but that's just cosmetics.

I second this, as I feel the need to have some hook to create the home
"directory".
Recently, with ZFS or Btrfs (I imagine for this one, did not check
myself) or remotely-stored (ex.: NFS) homes, it makes sense to have some
local script to create them, not only something to fill them up with
stuff.
I was thinking into uglily patching my own adduser, but it's definitely
worst something more generic, as many people might benefit from it.

> Cheers,
> Chris.

PS: sorry for the cross-posting, but I feel the debian-bsd@d.o should be
aware of this topic.