Re: Debug output etc, cluttering the terminal

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 02:23:32 +0000
> "brian m. carlson" <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:09:42AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Redirect stderr when opening the file or work out why okular was
> selected in the first place. Moaning in the general direction of all
> developers everywhere isn't helpful. Do something to identify the
> problem, not the symptom. BTW evince produces debug messages when

    Yeah but I've never seen scramblings on my terminals long after
evince has quit as these kde stuff does with some backgrounded helpers
still running (and not ever terminating) and continuously writing to
some terminal that happens to have started the first KDE app or so.