Re: .deb package for a library generation

I won't comment on the main issue since other people gave you the
solution.

On dim., 2010-08-08 at 16:45 +0300, Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> I need to generate a Debian package for a library
> As an exercise I tried it with   libvirt .

Note that libvirt is already packaged so you can inspire you of the
existing packaging.

> I am running a Ubuntu 8.10 . and use the libvirt.0.6.1 tar.gz
>

> For the library package I followed the Ubuntu instructions at  :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Basic

You might want to look at :

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ [New maintainer's guide]
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ [Debian policy]