Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:

> Isn't that what #590269 is about?

No, that seems to be more about a SOAP (over HTTP) transport for
reportbug/bts to file and manipulate bugs.

Ian is probably talking about a Web 2.0 site with social bookmarking,
tag clouds, AJAX, microformats, HTML5 video tutorials, mashups,
growing front-end infomediaries, recontextualizable cross-platform
deliverables and no way to automatically report dependencies or run
bug scripts. More seriously, I wonder if the latter could be achieved
with a browser plugin and if anyone is interested in working on that.
I imagine Ubuntu would be very interested in such a plugin too.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise