Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Hi all,

and there is another point, I would like to mention.

The naming of the repository is not well chosen, as it let new and
unexperienced people to debian feel a wrong way. The names "stable" "testing"
and "unstable" let the poeople think, debian is using crippled software, which
is unstable, not well tested. In fact, even software from "unstable" is often
running better, than other (including closed source) software.

I suggest for this, to thinlk about other names, for example

- stable = server

- testing = desktop

- unstable = super_modern

Just an example.