Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Hi, Ian:

On Monday 26 July 2010 13:49:00 Ian Jackson wrote:
> Brian May writes ("Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was:
Re: The number  of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling"):
> > I would really like to see a HTML/HTTP browser based interface for the
> > BTS. I would have several advantages:
>
> I would strongly resist any such suggestion, for the reasons I have
> already explained.
>
> In summary: We don't have a lack of bug reports, we have a lack of
> developer time.  Increasing the number of bug reports will take away
> developer time for triage, for no benefit.
>
> Simply, we do not need to, and should not, make reporting bugs easier.

I would say bug reports should be always welcome.  The easier to fill bug
reports, the better.

Good quality bug reports, I mean.

Then the problem would be not how many bug reports Debian gets but what's its
quality and how it can be made better.

But still the premise holds: the easier to fill bug reports, the better.  If
more bug reports is a problem then it can be only because the quality of
them, not their quantity.  If you fill there are too many bug reports I'd say
that's because their quality is not as good as desired so the problem is how
to increase the bug report quality not to make difficult to fill more of
them.

Cheers.