Re: Uploads without the architecture-dependant binary packages.

Le Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:59:45AM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Le Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 01:22:38AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> >
> > > I found it interesting that a package like git-core is autobuilt on all ports
> > > since at upload time it only contains the source and architecture-independant
> > > binary packages. I like it. I always feel sorry that no build logs are
> > > available for the architecture I use for upload.
> > > Before I start to do the same when possible, is it a bug or a feature ?
> >
> > Its a bug if you use it to avoid building/testing your own package, being lazy.
> > Its a feature for those people who manage to regularly use it but
> > somehow about never turn out with any autobuilder failing.
>
> Many thanks for the fast answer. I always test the build of my pacakges in
> sbuild nowardays, and I include regression tests in the build process as much
> as I can, with a pointer to the build logs in README.Debian. I will use that
> feature so that we can have logs for all arches.

Dear Joerg,

while I managed to trigger autobuilding on all architectures for one package
(velvet) in February, the same approach applied to another another one (emboss)
gives problems: the architecture-dependant packages are built, but they are not
transferred to the archive. In both cases I think I did the same:

 - Remove mention of the local build architecture in the Binary field.
 - Remove mention of the architecture-dependant packages in the Description and
   Checksums fields.
 - Upload only the architecture-independant packages using the hand-edited Debian
   source control file.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/velvet/news/20100220T041711Z.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/emboss/news/20100723T023358Z.html

Was there a change in the meantime that makes the trick impossible ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,