Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Am 26.07.2010 17:21, schrieb Paul Wise:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Yep, that's correct. I wish xdg-email would work as expected but it does
>> not so I have to take care of each and every quirk of a MUA if it wants
>> to be used by reportbug-ng.
>
> Shouldn't those quirks be moved into xdg-email?

Maybe, but xdg-email does not quite work the way I expected. Xdg-email
tries to detect the desktop environment and calls the relevant helper.
In case of KDE4 it just calls /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kmailservice with a
mailto-URL and hopes that kmailservice does the right thing.
Unfortunately kmailservice is very buggy, resulting in terribly
formatted mails and even omitted parts (like subject or to-field).

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org