Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 14:20, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:10:37AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Marc Haber wrote:
>> > From where does reportbug obtain that information? How does it cope
>> > with corporate installations where the only means of submitting mail
>> > from a regular workstation is Notes or MAPI?
>>
>> Let's not make perfect the enemy of the good; there are all kinds of
>> setups where you can make arbitrary communication with the outside
>> world very difficult. reportbug can handle more and more of them, but
>> it's impossible for it to handle them all.
>
> Agreed.  Still, I believe we might agree on the fact that the ability of
> submitting reports via HTTP would be quite a good compromise, even more
> so if http_proxy or equivalent variables are supported.

reportbug support http_proxy (and if not, it's a bug)

> That's why I've
> reported #590214. Would you like a similar (actually, blocker) feature
> request on debbugs?

please do so (I didn't myself after your report due to lack of time):
there's very little I can do on reportbug if not properly supported by
debbugs (I won't develop a translation layer HTTP-mail on a third host
to support it or so). Maybe another debbugs SOAP method we can call
would be nice (or some other XML-RPC call).

Regards,