Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

On 07/24/2010 02:06 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
[snip]

And then there is the (nowadays perceived) problem that reportbug needs a
working MTA setup or at least outgoing traffic on port 25/587. Both ports are
blocked on almost all my machines, so I still have not much bothered with
reportbug. (I'd use it for when a maintainer tells me to use it as it will
collect some information automatically, but thats it.)

For at least a couple of years, reportbug has been able to send mail via the user's ISP's smtp server, just like he sends "regular" email.

I'd bet that, given the correct ~/.reportbugrc options, you can also use smtp.google.com.

--
Seek truth from facts.