Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

On 23 July 2010 10:03, brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> You can use "smtphost reportbug.debian.org" in the configuration file.
> As for blocking direct outgoing SMTP connections:

This is news for me. Is there any thoughts on making this the default?

Based on what you say, it seems to use port 587 by default; is this correct?

(curiously port 587 is blocked on some networks at work - might see if
I can get that changed)

> All you really need is a working email address to put in the From line
> and an Internet connection. That's it.

Yes, need to make sure that the From address is valid... To be fair,
it does print it out, but sometimes I get it wrong all the same.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>