Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 05:18:13PM -0400, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > I think there should be a popcon mode where it only reports the
> > installed packages.
>
> and it should be the default.

Why?  IMHO the number of packages which are *really* used is much more
interesting than all the packages which might be installed for dome
testing and just forgotten to purge.

And back to the topic: IMHO the relation between Debian users who are
using popcon and those who don't remains quite constant - at least I do
not see any reason why people should deinstall popcon if they previosely
decided to install it and there is no obvious sign why new installations
should get less acceptance for agreeing with popcon that this was
before.

If you ask me, the decreasing number of popcons is because people are
bored by a system with old versions of programs and are seeking for
alternatives and we will see a further decrease until Squeeze will be
released.  So probably the best idea to increase popcon numbers is to
fix some RC bugs to get Squeeze in shape.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de