Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

"Fuentes, Adolfo" <A.Fuentes@liverpool.ac.uk> writes:

> - If the user is experienced, they argue that the libraries are somehow
> old compared to other distros, with cutting-edge software. Here it
> depends on individuals, since I prefer the solid-rock stability of
> Debian to the problem of upgrading systems regularly.

This one always boggles me and makes me wonder if we should present Debian
unstable or testing as the "typical" installation.  Debian testing (and
often Debian unstable) is more stable than the distributions with
equivalent up-to-date libraries, and those distributions generally never
offer anything remotely like Debian stable.  (RHEL is considerably more
unstable than Debian stable *and* has even older software, for example.)