Re: xulrunner 1.9.2 into sid?

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:51:47AM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> The point I was trying to make in that paragraph is that there are two
> browser codebases (webkit and mozilla) that need to be supported, which
> could be halved by dropping one.

As long as there are people to support both, why drop one? I mean,
you're not involved in mozilla security support, why do you even
care?

And don't make me laugh with the number of codebases, please, because
the mozilla codebase in a given debian suite is the same, which can't be
said from each embedded version of webkit. Sure, some patches may be
applied as they are, or with minimal modifications, accross these
various versions.

But this is also true for mozilla. For instance, the last 3.0 upload in
stable-security was the first one without an upstream release, and out
of 17 patches, only one needed to be seriously amended, but wasn't
included in the end because of the low severity.

All in all, my gut feeling is that webkit is much more a burden to
support than mozilla, but I'm not advocating to drop it.

Mike