Re: RFH: bashisms in configure script

Hi,

I'm still feeling uneasy about this whole bash->dash thing. We sacrified
a lot of usability in the name of POSIX compliance (only a minority of
users care) and a few seconds spared during boot (who cares? I only boot
my laptop for kernel upgrades).

Was is really the right path to follow? Wouldn't it have been easier to
work on bash to make sure that it supports everything POSIX requires,
and to improve its performance a bit?

Now we are going to patch configure scripts to make sure that they can
run correctly with dash. What's next? Rewrite C programs that use
GCC-specific extensions?