Re: Translations copyrights/licences

I demand that Helge Kreutzmann may or may not have written...

> Speaking both with my translator and my Debian Maintainer hat on, I can
> state the following:

> a) There are lots of "drive by" translators. Systems like launchpad or
>    DDTP even *encourage* this. In this case, it is most likely not
>    possible at all to contact individual translators.

> b) In structured projects (Debian, Fedora, OOo, KDE, GNOME) there are
>    often language teams. In this case, translations are often
>    "channeled" via the team. So if you want, you can try to collect
>    the names in the copyright, but a team adress is more valuable.

To me, this all doesn't matter so long as who changed what is recorded and I
can get (or generate) a series of diffs which I can then commit where
appropriate. If I can't, then I'm not really interested.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | back!
| + Travel less. Share transport more.           PRODUCE LESS CARBON DIOXIDE.

Without fools there would be no wisdom.