Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 06:13:13PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Colin added himself to the Uploaders field when I requested him to do so,
> as he's been in charge of Ubuntu's switch to GRUB2 for Ubuntu and after
> the "disappearance" of Felix and Robert, he's the Debian person with more
> experience to do uploads of the package. He did know he wouldn't be able
> to track upstream as Felix and Robert were (ie, uploading several
> snapshots every two weeks or so).
>
> I can try to work with Vladimir and Colin to get things shaped out a
> little, but honestly I don't think I'd be in a position to do this before
> the 22th of June, when exams finish.

In the meantime, it would be terribly useful if some of you can inform
us of whether you think things can get in shape for Squeeze or not,
considering the currently available manpower.  If not, we probably ought
to be more "communicative" on the fact we really need help on grub2
(e.g. Colin can blog about that *g*).

Many thanks for your feedback!
Cheers.