Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Mon, 24 May 2010, Stephen Powell wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, it is the *only* bootloader which supports
setting an initial text video mode *and* does not use any sectors outside
the master boot record and outside of a partition.  If I'm wrong about
that, someone please correct me.

grub2 supports loading its core.img from a dedicated partition instead
of embedding it in the first "cylinder". This does require switching to
the GPT partitioning scheme which may or may not be acceptable to you.

--
Edward Allcutt