Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

[Please Cc: replies, I'm not subscribed to debian-devel ]

Stephen Powell wrote:
> What about Jordi Mallach and Colin Watson?  The package page for grub-pc
> lists them as maintainers too.  Have they disappeared as well?  Or are
> they no longer maintainers for this package?  In which case their names
> should be removed from the web page.

The main reason for being listed as an Uploader for GRUB was helping out
with PowerPC support; a task which isn't critical for squeeze nor I can
really keep doing as my G4 box is dead.

Colin added himself to the Uploaders field when I requested him to do so,
as he's been in charge of Ubuntu's switch to GRUB2 for Ubuntu and after
the "disappearance" of Felix and Robert, he's the Debian person with more
experience to do uploads of the package. He did know he wouldn't be able
to track upstream as Felix and Robert were (ie, uploading several
snapshots every two weeks or so).

I can try to work with Vladimir and Colin to get things shaped out a
little, but honestly I don't think I'd be in a position to do this before
the 22th of June, when exams finish.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/