RFA: several packages

Hi,

for the reasons I've outlined on -private, I'd like to give away my
packages:

apache2-redirtoservname

 This package comes with upstream duties as well, since I wrote it. It
 is unlikely that for the actual functionality bits you'll ever need to
 do more than trigger a rebuild, but the package is severely lacking
 documentation. It is in use by a few sites, so I wouldn't like to see
 it gone.

asio

 This is a header-only C++ library which has also been accepted into
 Boost some time ago, but remained around as a standalone version as
 some programs still use the "old" names outside the Boost namespace.
 It may be worth investigating (together with upstream) whether this
 package can be replaced by something that pulls in Boost.Asio. Other
 than that, the package is fairly low-maintenance, but you will require
 strong C++ skills.

asterisk-prompt-it
asterisk-prompt-se

 I've packaged these ages ago, and they are horribly outdated. The
 packages aren't overly complicated, as they just contain a tree of data
 files (so they are ideal for a beginner), but since they are artistic
 works, adressing bugs is bound to be difficult as you are essentially
 dependent on upstream.

ctapi

 This is a tricky one, and you need experience with smartcards. The
 package exists only because that API is so old and "simple" that
 everyone has their own implementation now, which leads to file
 conflicts. This package is supposed to be the common definition, which
 means that as maintainer, you'll need to coordinate with the
 maintainers of other packages that have conflicting definitions.

iptables-persistent

 Again, a very small package that does just one thing, load firewall
 rules at startup. Since some systems rely on this package for security,
 you should know what you are doing, and there are a few open wishlist
 bugs that need to be addressed.

libopenusb

 This is a fairly straightforward library+plugin package with a
 difficult upstream bug and a mostly inactive corporate upstream. Also,
 porting is required for FreeBSD support, so it might be a good idea for
 someone using FreeBSD to pick this up.

misdn-kernel
misdn-user

 Both of these are fairly outdated, as the software wasn't ready for
 real world use outside of tightly controlled environments (i.e.
 embedded systems) back then, and getting it to work without it falling
 over on every upgrade is going to be hard. Upstream is fairly
 responsive, but the package still hasn't stabilized to the point where
 I'd give it to end users. Most of the kernel drivers are in the
 mainline kernel now, although the version in upstream's git repository
 are often newer and have a different ABI -- so expect stuff to break
 fairly often.

python-imaging-doc-handbook

 It would be nice to have a newer version of this package, but AFAIK the
 newer versions of the handbook have a different licence that makes this
 difficult. The package is less of a technical than a legal challenge.

redshift

 An interesting gadget, fairly new, but stable. Some python knowledge
 would be beneficial for the Gtk bits, otherwise, only basic packaging
 knowledge required and ideal for a beginner.

towitoko

 This is related to chipcards again, and is one of the candidates to use
 the common "ctapi-dev" package; this should happen in your first upload
 as the versioned Replaces: in ctapi-dev will only work against the
 current version of the package. Also, there are some l10n patches
 outstanding, which are blocked by the ctapi "transition".

uclibc

 This is a very tricky one, and is probably best with the emdebian
 project. On the regular Debian architectures, only a single arch:all
 binary package containing a copy of the source package is built, but
 on several "uclibc-linux-<cpu>" architectures, we build (or at least
 try to) several library packages. As these architectures aren't fully
 bootstrapped yet, the package will need to crosscompile cleanly, and
 lots of people will have different use cases requiring different
 configurations, which should then be distinguished via the "DEB_VENDOR"
 variable.

I'm still going to be available to answer questions about any of those
packages as I know them fairly well, but I'd like to drop the
responsibility for maintaining them soon. Proper RFA/O bugs will be
forthcoming for all packages not taken over in a week.

   Simon