Re: bindv6only again

Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> writes:
> And I see in these threads lots of things broken (including sun java that
> it used/required for lots of software not necessarily packaged in Debian)
> and no visible gains for users.
>
> I do not understand what is the purpose to say we will wait before taking
> a decision. Either, we switched back to the previous (POSIX) setup (my
> preference) or we stick with this setup but actively work to correct
> the bugs in applications. I would find very strange if we release sqeeze
> with a broken sun's java (even if it is non-free) and no good replacement.

I agree with Vincent.

I still think that default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to
old default value 0.

I think that programs depending bindv6only=1 is more buggy.  (Depending
bindv6only=0 is less buggy.)

We should revert net.ipv6.bindv6only value to 0, and then fix programs
which depending bindv6only value (either 0 or 1).

--
Kazuo Oishi