Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:20:37AM +0200,
 Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> wrote
 a message of 63 lines which said:

> I've no strong opinion about the default value for
> net.ipv6.bindv6only.  However, I think that any application that
> breaks if the default value is 0 or 1 is broken and a bug must be
> filled..

You mean that applications should use the option IPV6_V6ONLY of RFC
3493, section 5.3, therefore not depending on the system-wide value?

If so, I see your point but, in many languages, it is not
possible. For instance, in Perl:

http://bugs.debian.org/569981

In Python, I do not think there is a way.