Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
> I personally would prefer ipv6 to still be a module so it can be
> blacklisted or some other way to disable it, but having this option on
> by default at least avoids many annoiances in ipv4 world.

I've always disabled IPv6 on all hosts (blacklist or alias to
/bin/true on Debian <= 5.0) and on squeeze/6.0 it works from the boot
loader:
| root@HOST:~# grep ipv6 /etc/default/grub
| GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 panic=20 vga=791"

Of course that after this setup you'll see the failure to set
bindv6only=1 at every boot as this key doesn't exist. Having IPv6
enabled might be a good thing for those who have this capability from
their ISP, but I'm disabling it for several reasons the first reason
being the ISP not supporting IPv6.

Cheers