Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> writes:

> The unpacked source package has no format, it's a directory on disk
> with certain properties. You could take that directory and produce a
> source package in any number of formats.
>
> The debian/source/format is then not a declaration of what format the
> directory is in, but what format the tools should produce when
> creating a source package from it.

Thank you, that's a useful distinction. I'll consider it and see if I
need to ask more questions, rather than making more noise in this
discussion.

--
 \       “We must find our way to a time when faith, without evidence, |
  `\    disgraces anyone who would claim it.” —Sam Harris, _The End of |