Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> If what you care about is the format used by *new* packages, I think you
> should focus on making sure the templates maintainers are using (such as
> dh-make) set the desired default explicitly.  That would have an *immediate*
> payoff...

That is already done:

$ grep source/format -B2 -A19 /usr/bin/dh_make
sub output_source_format
	my $outfile = "source/format";

	if ( $main::overlay eq "" )
		if ( $main::add_missing && -f $outfile)
			print "File $outfile exists, skipping.\n";

	open OUT, ">$outfile" or die "Unable to open file $outfile for writing: $! \n";
	if ($debian_native)
		print OUT "3.0 (native)\n";
	} else {
		print OUT "3.0 (quilt)\n";