Re: About new source formats for packages without patches

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:07:59PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> For zless, people seem to open the debian.tar with vim or similar but I
> can understand that it's less usable than a simple pager view of the
> relevant files. Maybe it's a good idea to provide a debreview/debinspect
> command in devscripts that would show the files in debian/ in a
> standardized order that facilitates the review?

This is only really helpful on systems with Debian tools installed -
speaking personally my one of my most common use cases for inspecting
the Debian diff with less is to do so on random systems I don't admin
(or ask other people who don't have anything to do with Debian to do so).