Re: Flag images

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Dmitry E. Oboukhov wrote:

> >> I'm going to add into debian a few new (my) projects which need flag
> >> images and so I want to add a package which contains flag set.
>
> PW> Are you sure they need flags? Which package and what exactly will the
> PW> flags represent?
>
> PW> I would personally suggest to avoid adding flags to Debian where possible.
>
> new version of rtpg (rtpg2) will have language button

Flags are a poor representation of a particular language, and language
selection is better handled using locales and content-negotiation
anyway. [There are many examples where a country speaks many
languages, and examples where multiple countries have the same
language, but different dialects.]

Don Armstrong

--
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak
up for them as have no voices."