Re: multiarch and pkg-config

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> But how would -dev packages signal that they need support for this?
> They do not depend on pkg-config as they are usable without. Should
> they Breaks: pkg-config (<< ver)? Seems too strong.

Alternatively, create a symlink into /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ in postinst,
if one isn't already present.  Indeed, dh_makeshlibs could do this in
the same way it adds those 'ldconfig' calls.  (Well, I suppose some
shlib packages don't run dh_makeshlibs -s, instead using -p on each
library package ... but they could if they wanted.)
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/