Re: git and quilt

also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2010.02.04.1208 +1300]:
> I generally do not.  Doing so with a tool like TopGit is a little awkward
> and requires more steps, and I don't see much utility in doing so.  I
> think it's easier to just manage Git branches.

All that TopGit really does is help you in merging depending
branches into dependent ones if the former have updated. You also
don't have to always update them, as TopGit works quite well even if
branches are out-of-date. tg-summary is still useful to keep an
overview.

But yes, there are still some open issues with TopGit that prevent
me from unconditionally adovating it.

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=topgit;exclude=tags:fixed;exclude=tags:fixed-upstream;exclude=tags:pending;exclude=tags:wontfix;exclude=pending:done;dist=unstable

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"sometimes the urge to do bad is nearly overpowering"
                                                          -- ben horne