Re: Debian Packaging advancements

Hello Joachim,

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:08 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

>       2. AUTHORS file. Could you please update installation script/makefile to copy AUTHORS to
>           /usr/share/serna-free/ when Serna from the package is installed?

According to Debian standards it should be installed
to /usr/share/doc/serna. Is there a technical reason for the AUTHORS
file to reside in /usr/share/serna-free/?

   No reasons, that was a typo.  I meant /usr/share/serna/. Thanks.

I got a new minor patch at the usual location. The subversion repository
has files in 3rd/qt/icons, but make clean removes them.
http://git.nomeata.de/?p=serna.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/0034-Do-not-clean-3rd-qt-icons.patch;h=974b3057556ce1ca54bd2b30819f837765da38de;hb=39494e49d26fe2dc41af9450e31fcffa6cfda3db

  Thanks, I will add this patch to the queue.

I also got a reply by the ftp-masters. They rejected the upload because
the .orig.tar.gz ball which I created from SVN trunk contained the file
docbook-xsl-1.68.1.tar.bz2. I spotted that before and thought I removed
it, but not from the tarball. I will re-upload today with that file
removed from the tarball. I if there is no real need for it, it should
be removed from SVN, the other 3rd-party-components are also not in the
subversion tree.

 Thanks, I will forward this issue to Syntext.

Regards,
--
Andrew Sichevoi (http://thekondor.net)
true perfection has to be imperfect