Debian Packaging advancements

[CC’ing debian-devel because this is partly a call for contributions :-]

Hi,

today, I continued in my quest to make a proper Debian package out of
Serna. For now, I ignored the issue of the convenience code copies in
the source code and focused on getting a properly buildable package. The
four really required 3rd party tarballs are shipped in debian/3rd.

http://git.nomeata.de/?p=serna.git;a=summary contains the current state.

I started to use git-dpm[1] for packaging. This means that my changes
against the upstream (which is SVN trunk, revision 139) is stored in
debian/patches:
http://git.nomeata.de/?p=serna.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=refs/heads/master
Some of those can probably applied to the SVN directory directly, such
as 0017-Working-exports.lst-even-if-list-is-empty.patch. The others
should be reviewd and improved – I’m not an experienced C++ hacker.
Especially the 64bit stuff is just a hack and needs to made working
generally.

The debian packages does not have build-dependencies yet. If someone
wants to help assemble the correct set of packages (using pbuilder and
trial’n’error, that would be appreciated).

The serna binary is installed into /usr/bin/, the rest is put
in /usr/lib/serna. The binary is compiled with rpath so that the bundles
libs can be put in /usr/lib/serna/lib. I tried hard to make serna accept
this, but the patch that I try to use does not seem to be sufficient.
Any comments welcome:
http://git.nomeata.de/?p=serna.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/0020-Hardcode-usr-lib-serna-as-DataDir.patch;hb=HEAD

I also started to work on the debian/copyright file, which is naturally
a large beast. Again, help is appreciated:
http://git.nomeata.de/?p=serna.git;a=blob;f=debian/copyright;hb=HEAD

All in all I thought would have gotten further in one whole day, and
motivation is fading again. Contributions by others are a good way to
increase motivation again :-).

Good night,
Joachim

[2] http://git-dpm.alioth.debian.org/