Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

Hello,

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, tangke wrote:
> > why not apply the patches when build automatically,
>
> This is the case when you build the source package (i.e. dpkg-source does
> it if it was not yet done).
>
> > and make clean to unapply the patches?
>
> The clean process is controlled by the maintainer. You could in theory
> unapply the patch there.

Now I must use quilt for apply and unapply the patches. I think this way
is transparent.

But there is one problem:
If I had unapplied all patches of debian/patches and later I start with
debuild, then dpkg-source works with the unpatched sources - it doesn't
apply the patches as in format 1.0. Is there a chance that dpkg-source
see the patches and can recognize that they must be applied before run
further?

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn