Re: Conditions to existing packages for transition into squeeze/stable

Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> Who know the conditions to existing packages in lenny for the
> transition into squeeze when it goes to stable?

I think you're confused about the ways packages migrate between
releases. See (for instance):

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives#s-testing

> Or does all existing packages be accepted for the new stable
> if it is already in testing (which is the usual case)?

Whatever packages are in squeeze (as testing) at the time it's released
will remain in squeeze (as stable). So: fix bugs in unstable, get the
fixed packages into testing (which is normally automatic), and they'll
automatically be in the next stable release.

Regards,