Re: Debian vs. Ubuntu source control file

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 05/01/10 at 21:39 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >
> > > That's only true with the v3 format. If you stick with v1, you can
> > > patch debian/control at unpack time.
> >
> > > And in both cases, you are free to modify it manually during the build.
> >
> > Err, what? debian/control modified during build? Sure not.
>
> What is preventing it from being modified during the build?

Nothing besides seriously affecting mine and other's sanity if we ever
glance at such packages. DEBIAN/control is an entirely different
matter.

Don Armstrong

--
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien
a ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien a retrancher.