Re: dir-or-file-in-var-www on single-HTML file web "apps" or the like

Cyril Brulebois dijo [Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 05:54:17PM +0100]:
> Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> (04/11/2009):
> > So, given the attention to this thread: Do you judge this as
> > policy-compliant?
>
> What makes me wonder a bit is what would happen in case several
> webservers were to implement this kind of behaviour. When installing
> several of them at the same time, the resulting contents of /var/www
> would depend on the order in which “configure” are called? That would
> sound strange to me.

Yes, and it is strange... sometimes I start Apache and get confused
looking at a Cherokee welcome page. But still, as many users and
packages currently depend on just dropping off stuff at /var/www, I
think it is the lesser evil.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244