Re: dir-or-file-in-var-www on single-HTML file web "apps" or the like

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 08:08:46AM +0100, sean finney wrote:
> > We have webservers other than Apache.

When raising this kind of counter argument, is usually nice to also
provide (pointers to) solutions :-)

> and many of these other web servers provide a feature similar to Alias.
> with respect to those that don't, it's been previously discussed and
> deemed okay for them not to work out of the box, which is a relatively
> small cost for the benefit of FHS compliance and general safety/sanity.

OK on those without Alias, but how about whose that do have Alias-es? Do
you have a list of them and which file ship? Do you have some kind of
intermediate level where the maintainer can specify the Alias only once
and have it "compiled" to all web server configurations?

TIA,
Cheers.