Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

> As I mentioned on IRC, look at trac. The trick is put configuration
> files in /etc/munin/, and symlink it back into /var/lib/munin if munin
> needs that.

All munin needs is a place to write static html and png files.

* /var/lib/munin is already used as top level for munin's data files.
  If we add a web root there, it may cause collisions.

* /var/cache may not be the best place, since FHS says that data here
  can be deleted with little consequence, and the generated web pages
  will be gone until the next time munin-graph and munin-html runs.

One could ask via debconf, and suggest /var/www/munin as a default,
would that be acceptable?

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen