Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 07:24:20PM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> Guido Günther wrote:
> > Which isn't a problem on patch-queue branches since you either can
> > recreate them anytime from what's in debian/patches or simply ammend the
> > commit. They're supposed to be rebased frequently anyway.
>
> "Supposed"?
>
> That's not true in my opinion. It would tend to be hostile to people who
> would like to collaborate on the patches wouldn't it?
Isn't this a question on how you lay out your workflow? The patch-queue
branches are basically a tool that eases managing patches that end up in
debian/patches while retaining the merge capabilities of git (e.g. when
forwarding to new upstream versions, etc.) so there's not even a need to
push them into remote repos - you do have all the information on master
to recreate the patch-queue branch at any time.
 -- Guido