Re: Let’s turn DEP5 into something useful

On 11780 March 1977, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> So, how about dropping entirely anything that’s related to files and
> only keep the amount of information we are requiring now?  I feel sorry
> for the giant bikeshedding thread about spaces and commas, but it is not
> getting us anywhere.

You mean basically following what i wrote in

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

?

I do see one advantage of that machine-readable format: You can easily
parse it out to get the various license tags for further processing. If
that is something people really want to use one could think of a way to
include that into the above too.

Still, now with my ftpmaster hat, the format doesn't make a difference
for us. Whatever people prefer, as long as all the information is
provided and it is a text file readable with less. :)

--
bye, Joerg
<Karnaugh> <Guy> I wrote this thing but it really sucks