Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Did you also test if they produce the same content?
>
> Many packages don't produce the same content after each build, because
> of timestamps written in some files, for example. I could easily check
> that they provide the same binary packages according to debdiff,
> but debdiff might miss several differences.

I believe debdiff would be enough as the main risk is that some files are
dropped due to the default ignore list. The fact that the content of one
file changed slightly doesn't worry me more than that.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/