Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On 05/03/09 at 22:35 +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> > My goal is not only to accept them on ftp-master but also to update
> > dpkg-source to build new source package automatically. That's why I
> > rebuilt the archives to see what packages would not build with the
> > new format (without fixes). The failures are tracked here:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=hertzog@debian.org;tag=3.0-quilt-by-default
>
> Did you also test if they produce the same content?

Many packages don't produce the same content after each build, because
of timestamps written in some files, for example. I could easily check
that they provide the same binary packages according to debdiff,
but debdiff might miss several differences.

A long time ago, I started working on a tool to compare binary packages
in a much deeper way, but it's far from complete and would still
require too much manual review.