Re: Debian as open project

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 07:54:51AM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> > First of all an objection to the basic principle: the fact that the
> > project "does not seem" to be able to have constructive discussion is
> > not an argument for not having them. I believe that given your role you
> > should show *how* to have such (public) constructive discussions, using
> > all mean necessaries, instead of avoid trying.

> Sorry, but trying to have a constructive discussion in between
> complaints, hijack scenarios and ill informed suggestions does not look
> very tempting to me and quite frankly I don't know how to make such a
> discussion constructive.

On the other hand part of the reason things are so heated is that
there's no visible progress on resolving these issues and hasn't been
for quite some time.  This is a problem which we've run into before in
Debian and so far the only thing I can think of that's had some sort of
success in reducing the heat in the discussion is visible activity on
resolving things.

This may mean that we just have to put up with the heat, of course.