Re: dh_config_model_upgrade: package upgrade with Config::Model

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 11:35:30AM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 09:08:03AM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> > > The end user may have to answer a medium debconf question asking him
> > > whether to upgrade foobar package with Config::Model. Hopefully,
> > > that's all the end user will see.
>
> I also don't understand why Config::Model seeks to replace debconf
> questions from the package when Policy is that only programs compatible
> with debconf-2.0 are allowed to prompt users during package

My reading of the above quoted test, is that Config::Model is *not*
seeking to replace debconf; it is going to _use_ it as other packages do
for interacting with the user. Or, to be more precise, my understanding
is that the package helper is going to prepare debconf questions that
will be shipped in the packages which use that helper.

(But again, I'm of the opinion that it should not ask any question in
the first place; see my former message.)

Let's see wait for the proposer to clarify these doubts :-)