Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 04:48:37PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> So yes, I do have a problem with the way Canonical is taking developer
> commitment away from Debian, at least if and when maintainers no longer
> honor their Debian commitments *and* do not allow others to take over the
> work for Debian.

I do not completely agree that this is Canonical's fault.  IMHO it is
our fault as well if we do not step in by using the defined ways we have
(Technical Committee) and sort out the situation for the profit of our
users.  Allowing *any* maintainer (be it an Ubuntu employee or not) to
block important packages should not happen and I do not think that we
should mix up this situation with Ubuntu relations which might or might
not here one specific reason for the maintainer.  But there could be
other reasons as well and we should care for the fact in general instead
of fighting a Debian - Ubuntu flamewar.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--