Re: NMU question

> Dear Nikita,
>
> it is difficult to judge since you did not give the package name.
> Nevertheless, the combination of RC bug left unfixed and signs of
> obsolescence (package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version) suggests
> that the maintainer might be MIA. If nobody wants to maintain this
> package, it should better be orphaned or removed than NMUed. If the
> maintainer is active, it is of course with him and not this list that
> the contents of the NMU have to be discussed. If he gives you green
> light, there is of course no problem fixing no-RC issues.
>
> Have a nice day,

Package in question was ibm-3270 [source], maintainer is Bastian Blank, bug
is 553481.

I did not put that info into my above mail because my question was actually
about procedure, so I did not want to go into discussing this particular
bug or package or maintainer.
IMO procedure on NMUing is not documented clear enogh in Developer
Reference. At least I got confused, although I'm in debian already for
years.

Nikita